Date: May 22, 2018
This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
If you are a Coach, by registering or using the Website to offer, post or provide Courses, you represent and warrant that you, and your employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors who may perform work for you, are properly and fully qualified and experienced, and licensed, certified, bonded and insured, as required by applicable laws or regulations to which you may be subject in the jurisdiction(s) in which you offer your Courses and in relation to the specific Course you are providing. You also understand and agree that using the Website does not guarantee you will be hired for work.
“Coach” means an individual who is registered to use the Website to provide, receive payment for, or facilitate the provision of the Services.
“Customer” means an individual who receives Services or who uses the Website to receive, pay for, or facilitate the receipt of the Services.
“Company Group” means the Company and its affiliates and authorized service providers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
“LifeLaunchr Marketplace” means the online marketplace for coaching and other services offered by LifeLaunchr.
“Company Parties” means the licensors, licensees, distributors, suppliers and other parties with which the Company enters into agreements in order to provide the Services, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any Service or material we provide on or through the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features such as sharing pages or profiles with others, you make take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company name, the terms LifeLaunchr, the LifeLaunchr Marketplace, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company, Lifelaunchr Group or Lifelaunchr Parties as defined below. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- To impersonate other people in your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, creating accounts or profiles that have other’s names or use images to suggest the pages belong to them.
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- ¥ Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Recruit, solicit, or contact in any form Coaches or Customers for employment or any other use not specifically intended by the Website;
- Advertise or solicit a Service not related to or appropriate for the Website including, but not limited to any Service that: (a) is not in supported categories; (b) promotes consumer products or services (other than those selected by the Company); (c) offers loans or credit; (d) competes with the business of the Company; or (e) promotes or offers Ponzi schemes, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, affiliate marketing or unsolicited commercial content, discount cards, credit counseling, online surveys or contests, raffles, prizes, bonuses, games of chance or giveaways.
- Submit User Contributions that damage the experience of any user including but not limited to (a) requests to download non-Company mobile applications and/or links that direct the user to mirrored websites where the user must enter information that is redundant with what has already been entered on the Website, (b) offers to purchase a Service or any other service outside of the Website, or (c) using a profile page or user name to promote services not offered on or through the Website;
- Fail to perform Services purchased from you as promised, unless the Customer fails to materially meet the terms of the mutually agreed-upon agreement for the Services or refuses to pay, or a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the Customer’s identity;
- Engage in fraudulent conduct including but not limited to offering to make money transfers with intent to request a refund of any portion of the payment or soliciting users to mail cash or use other payment methods not specifically approved by the Company;
- Sign up for, negotiate a price for, use, or otherwise solicit a Service with no intention of following through with your use of or payment for the Service;
- Agree to purchase a Service when you do not meet a Coach’s requirements;
- Undertake any activity or engage in any conduct that is inconsistent with the business or purpose of the Website;
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website; or
- Attempt to indirectly undertake any of the foregoing.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY, LIFELAUNCHR GROUP AND LIFELAUNCHR PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to review any User Contributions for compliance with these standards, and to verify the accuracy of any claims made in them.
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Robert Dellenbach, Esq.
Dellenbach Venture Counsel
2801 Waterman Boulevard, Suite 270
Fairfield, CA 94534
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Reliance on Information Posted
The User Contributions, Courses, Coaching and all other information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant the Company, Company Group and, to the extent granted by the Company, Company Parties a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose/according to your account settings, and to associate such User Contributions with you, in connection with our business, including for promoting and marketing, educational and other purposes in all forms of media and to allow others to use such User Contributions within the Services and otherwise. Such license will survive the termination or deletion of your account. You will not be compensated for any User Contributions.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to the Company, Company Group and Company Parties.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Courses and Content Created by Coaches
On the LifeLaunchr Marketplace, Coaches offer content (“Courses”) designed to help students and families with college planning (including, but not limited to, scholarships, financial aid, college selection, essay writing, and applications). Courses are required to comply with all standards and requirements for User Contributions and with the site’s Content Standards. LifeLaunchr may withdraw any Course from the LifeLaunchr Marketplace at any time for any reason. Any Coach may withdraw any Course offered by such Coach from the LifeLaunchr Marketplace at any time for any reason.
LifeLaunchr agrees that any content developed or contributed solely by a Coach for a Course shall not become LifeLaunchr intellectual property. Coach agrees that to the extent LifeLaunchr collaborates in the development of content for a Course, such content shall also be jointly owned by LifeLaunchr, and not offered outside of the LifeLaunchr Marketplace by Coach without LifeLaunchr’s prior consent.
Coaches may also offer personalized consulting services through the LifeLaunchr Marketplace (“Coaching”) to help students and families with college planning (including, but not limited to, scholarships, financial aid, college selection, essay writing, and applications). LifeLaunchr shall, in its sole discretion, have the right to terminate a Coach or any Coaching from the LifeLaunchr Marketplace at any time.
Unless expressly mutually agreed between Coach and Customer, all Coaching will be conducted electronically such as via telephone, chat or video conference.
Prices and Taxes
Price for Courses and Coaching will be set by the Coach. Each Coach offering Coaching agrees to offer a free initial 15-minute consultation.
Customer agrees to pay LifeLaunchr for all Services sourced through the LifeLaunchr Marketplace. Each Coach agrees to accept payment from Customers sourced through the LifeLaunchr Marketplace only from LifeLaunchr.
Each Coach shall be paid 70% of the price set by the Coach for their Course or Coaching, after discounts which shall be mutually determined by Coach and LifeLaunchr, for each Customer.
LifeLaunchr shall pay each Coach within thirty (30) days following the end of each month in which LifeLaunchr receives fees for Coach’s respective Courses. For Coaching, LifeLaunchr shall pay Coaches in installments over a six-month period. LifeLaunchr shall provide a statement to the Coach each month with details on signups and fees collected with respect to such Coach.
Coach agrees that for Customers sourced through the LifeLaunchr Marketplace, they will direct such Customers to sign up for any follow-up services through the LifeLaunchr Marketplace, and not accept direct sign-ups.
All sales on the LifeLaunchr Marketplace are final and non-refundable.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your own tax reporting requirements in consultation with tax advisers and that we cannot and do not offer specific tax advice to either Customers or Coaches.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us,/and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at our discretion.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of CA in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
We work hard to make your experience enjoyable. However, we cannot always anticipate technical or other operational difficulties, which may result in loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. For this reason, you agree that the Services, including the services of our third-party service providers, are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”. Neither the Company nor our third-party service providers assume responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, miss-delivery or failure to store any data, communications or personalization settings.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER TERM OR CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO ANY COURSE OR COACHING.
Service Changes and Discontinuation
Our Services provide you with access to a rich collection of online resources, including various communication tools, online forums, personalized content and branded programming. Some Services are presently provided free of charge and others require payment. We reserve the right to change or to discontinue temporarily or permanently the Services at any time without notice. You agree that the Company will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, COMPANY GROUP OR COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdictions
Limitations on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This Website is operated by LifeLaunchr, Inc.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to our Copyright Agent in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be posted at https://support.lifelaunchr.com.
Thank you for visiting the Website.