Sy Kim is an experienced college coach, mentor, and test prep tutor who has helped hundreds of students gain admission to their top choice universities in the US and abroad. She focuses on finding the best-fit schools and crafting beautiful college essays but is also an expert in planning and organization to help relieve some of the anxiety around an inherently stressful process. Her comprehensive admissions coaching package offers support for applications to up to 10 schools, including application review, essay editing, and guidance on all aspects of the admissions process.
Sy’s clients have gone on to gain admission into top universities including the Universities of California, Stanford University, Carnegie-Mellon University, and many others.
Comprehensive Admissions Coaching Package Highlights
- Developing a balanced college list.
- Planning and strategy for the student’s complete application package.
- Interests test and personality test offered through LifeLaunchr.
- College selection and other tools offered through LifeLaunchr.
- Research into schools and programs best suited for the student.
- Guidance on:
- High-school course planning and/or summer program planning.
- Standardized test planning and requirements.
- College visits.
- Requesting recommendation letters.
- Interview preparation.
- All essays for up to 10 schools:
- Common App and Coalition App Personal Essays
- University-Specific Essays and Supplements
- Financial Aid and scholarship paperwork and applications.
- Up to 25 hours of consultation, research, and essay editing.
About Sy Kim
Sy graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in English Language and Literature. She approaches college admissions coaching with an understanding that this process is an incredibly personal one. Every student has a unique set of goals, desires, and needs. and Sy makes sure to embrace the individuality of each student, build a relationship with them, and meet the student where they are.