For students who would benefit from intensive coaching, getting coaching starting in sophomore or junior year can be extremely valuable. These students need to be prepared to present a profile that reflects their talents and capabilities best, and to find a school that will nurture and develop their unique gifts. Linda King has over 20 years expertise as a counselor to thousands of students, and graduate instructor in counseling. This multi-year coaching package focuses on helping each student find the best-fit school and grooming them for admissions to these universities.
Multi-Year Coaching Package Overview
- Once or twice-monthly meetings throughout sophomore and junior year, leading to more frequent meetings during senior year during admissions season
- Unlimited check-ins and questions via email with both parents and student
- Reviewing and discussing the college application timeline
- Developing a list of colleges, and understanding their specific admissions profile (grades, test scores, community service, essays, interviews)
- Tests to get to know each student’s personality and interests, administered through LifeLaunchr, with a comprehensive report delivered to parents. These tests will recommend majors and schools that are a good match for a student.
- Summer planning for internships and college courses
- Comprehensive planning for community service and extracurriculars that reflect a student’s unique brand
- Reviewing, curriculum, test recommendations, and recommended scholarships
- Developing and communicating a specific timeline for each student
- Helping the student write and review mock college essays in sophomore and junior year, so that the actual college essay truly stands out, and reflects the student’s practiced ease with writing
- Helping the student brainstorm, write and edit their essays for all their college applications in the summer of junior year and during senior year, so the essay is authentic and powerful
- Recommendations where appropriate for tutoring and test preparation courses
- Mock interviews as preparation for college interviews
Finding a school that is a great fit for the student can make college a transformative experience. And for those schools, it’s critical to develop a portfolio that stands out. Linda’s years of experience as a high school counselor and school administrator gives her the knowledge and abilities to assist your child with competitive college admissions at these schools.
Please note that this package price is per-year, with renewals each year.
This package comes with an unlimited membership to LifeLaunchr, and access to all the tools on the site.