For gifted students who plan on applying to extremely selective schools, getting coaching starting as early as sophomore year can be extremely valuable. These students need to be prepared to present a profile that reflects their unique talents and capabilities. Linda King has over 20 years expertise as a counselor to thousands of students, and graduate instructor in counseling. This multi-year coaching package for very selective colleges focuses on intensive profile building for admissions to these universities.
Multi-Year Coaching Package Overview
- Once or twice-monthly meetings throughout sophomore and junior year, leading to more frequent meetings during senior year
- Unlimited check-ins and questions via email
- Reviewing and discussing the college application timeline
- Developing a list of colleges, and understanding their specific admissions profile (grades, test scores, community service, essays, interviews)
- Tests to get to know each student’s personality and interests, administered through LifeLaunchr, with a comprehensive report delivered to parents. These tests will recommend majors and schools that are a good match for a student.
- Summer planning for internships and college courses
- Comprehensive planning for community service and extracurriculars that reflect a student’s unique brand
- Reviewing, curriculum, test recommendations, and recommended scholarships
- Developing and communicating a specific timeline for each student
- Helping the student write and review mock college essays in sophomore and junior year, so that the actual college essay truly stands out, and reflects the student’s practiced ease with writing
- Helping the student brainstorm, write, and review essays at the end of junior year and during senior year, so the student’s college essays are authentic, well-crafted, and unique
- Recommendations where appropriate for tutoring and test preparation courses
- In junior and senior year, mock interviews as preparation for college interviews
Many selective schools accept fewer than 10% of applicants, who are already the top of their classes. So it’s critical to develop a portfolio that stands out. Linda’s years of experience as a high school counselor and school administrator gives her the knowledge and abilities to assist your child with competitive college admissions at these schools.
Please note that this package price is per-year, with renewals each year.
This package comes with an unlimited annual membership to LifeLaunchr, and access to all the tools on the site.