The Common Application essay is a critical part of your application, helping students stand apart from the many others with similar test scores and transcripts. And the University of California (UC) requires four 350-word essays for their application. Writing a great CommonApp essay and four authentic, original UC essays takes a significant amount of time. This coaching package by Jane Hirschhorn can help you craft well-written narratives for each of the prompts you choose. Jane will offer writing coaching for the CommonApp essay and the four University of California essays, and support the applicant throughout the writing process.
This package is for students applying to any of the University of California campuses and to any Common Application schools. It covers the UC four 350-word essays and the Common Application 650-word essay. Students will be encouraged to be as efficient as possible with their effort and time by expanding one of the UC essays to create the longer Common Application essay.
For each essay, this package includes support for:
- Choosing a topic
- Creating the first draft
- Skype sessions or email support to review and edit your essay
- Revising and editing the essays
- Finalizing your submissions and making sure there aren’t any grammatical, spelling, or word-length errors.
LifeLaunchr’s blog has a useful article about the University of California essay prompts and how you might approach them. As the piece says:
- Any essay prompt offers the opportunity to write about and highlight moments in your life when something changed, or when you changed as a result of that experience, says Jane Hirschhorn, one of the essay coaches available to students on LifeLaunchr.
- That said, having to write four short essays is much harder than writing one longer essay, because you have to come up with four topics. So make sure you allow time to write these statements. It’s virtually impossible to write them just days (or even a week) before they are all due.
Jane Hirschhorn has 20+ years experience helping students write authentic, well-crafted essays that have enabled them to gain admission into top universities including Yale University, Harvard University, Brown University, Middlebury College, William and Mary College, New York University, Georgetown University, Rice University, University of Michigan, University of Virginia, and the Universities of California. For more information about her approach, please visit her profile on LifeLaunchr, or call LifeLaunchr at +1-855-236-6363.